Treatment of Stage 0 (Carcinoma in Situ)
For information about the treatments listed below, see the Treatment Option Overview section.
Treatment of stage 0 (carcinoma in situ) may include the following types of surgery:
- Local excision or simple polypectomy.
- Resection and anastomosis. This is done when the tumor is too large to remove by local excision.
Use our clinical trial search to find NCI-supported cancer clinical trials that are accepting patients. You can search for trials based on the type of cancer, the age of the patient, and where the trials are being done. General information about clinical trials is also available.
- General Information About Colon Cancer
- Stages of Colon Cancer
- Treatment Option Overview
- Treatment of Stage 0 (Carcinoma in Situ)
- Treatment of Stage I Colon Cancer
- Treatment of Stage II Colon Cancer
- Treatment of Stage III Colon Cancer
- Treatment of Stage IV and Recurrent Colon Cancer
- To Learn More About Colon Cancer