Treatment of Recurrent Esophageal Cancer
For information about the treatments listed below, see the Treatment Option Overview section.
Treatment of recurrent esophageal cancer may include the following:
- Use of any standard treatments as palliative therapy to relieve symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Immunotherapy with immune checkpoint inhibitors (nivolumab and ipilimumab).
- Immunotherapy with an immune checkpoint inhibitor (nivolumab) and chemotherapy.
- Clinical trials.
Use our clinical trial search to find NCI-supported cancer clinical trials that are accepting patients. You can search for trials based on the type of cancer, the age of the patient, and where the trials are being done. General information about clinical trials is also available.
- General Information About Esophageal Cancer
- Stages of Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment Option Overview
- Treatment of Stage 0 (High-grade Dysplasia)
- Treatment of Stage I Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage II Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage III Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage IV Esophageal Cancer
- Treatment of Recurrent Esophageal Cancer
- To Learn More About Esophageal Cancer